Losing a loved one can be a difficult and emotional time. Being named the personal representative or executor of your loved one’s estate can be confusing and overwhelming. Held Law Office is here to help. Ms. Held will assist you during this challenging time by providing compassionate service and efficient guidance through the Minnesota probate process.
Probate is the court process required by law to validate and enforce the terms of a will. In Minnesota, if you die without a will, or intestate, the State of Minnesota will create one for you. In either circumstance, probate primarily involves accounting for what the decedent owned and distributing those assets.
Held Law Office will assist the personal representative throughout the probate process, including:
- Compiling an inventory of all assets
- Complying with all statutorily required notifications
- Completing all mandatory court filings and court appearances
- Notifying agencies and companies of the death
- Collecting debts
- Paying outstanding obligations, including medical and funeral expenses
- Distributing assets as directed under the terms of the will or intestate succession
- Re-titling assets
Please contact Held Law Office for a complimentary consultation to discuss the probate process.